This must be considered as an important routine maintenance of each vehicle same with replacing engine oil.
Scope of Work:
- Remove and/or Examine the vehicles Sump or Pan.
- Screen or Filter must replace and/or clean.
- Pan Cleaning
- Installing Pan with new gasket
- Pumping out remaining oil fluid and replace with High Quality ATF.
- Frictional modifier or additive package can be added.
There are two significant differences between a transmission service (routine maintenance) and a flush (also called a fluid exchange). The first is during a service, approximately 40-45% (4 to 6 quarts) of the transmission’s fluid is changed and a flush changes closer to 100%. The second difference is a “pan drop service” allows a tech to view any debris that may have worn off the internal parts of the transmission and with the flush procedure, the pan is not removed. The fluid is flushed by disconnecting the transmission’s cooling lines at the radiator. A third difference is that the flush does not allow for the filter to be replaced.